CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EMS Weapons.

Go down 
+9
Nicolas
Nico
Seraphina
Armaros
Makaveli
Griffin
Sonerin
Suave
Wilhelmx2002
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AngryBlackMan

EMS Weapons. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Last time I checked, civilians didn't have to put their lives on the line for others... And just because we have weapons doesn't mean we have to use them, but I'm sure having a gun and not using it is better than needing a gun and not having one.
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 pm

P.S. We have wolves people.

Racism!

Anyway, i do support this idea.
But the ammo should be limited and not abused.
Back to top Go down
Suave
Administrator
Administrator
Suave

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Someone said EMS personnel don't carry firearms. I'll say it again. Many states in the US train EMT and paramedics to use firearms to defend themselves in the field. Doctors make an oath to protect life and can not intentionally do anything to harm someone if it is not in self-defense.

Also, the SASP has a panic button as well. Basically, we hit the panic button and do what ever we can to stall time, so backup will arrive with us alive. Without a way to protect ourselves, the panic button is quite useless. As the SASP, we don't drive like crazy to whatever call we receive. We stop and plan it out, which takes time.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Abuse of weapons=Exiled from EMS/perma or temp ban.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:38 pm

AngryBlackMan wrote:
Abuse of weapons=Exiled from EMS/perma or temp ban.

I think you don't understand. It's not if they abuse it or not, I'm sure they won't. It's that medics wouldn't be armed with weaponry while they are on duty. They use panic buttons, not weapons.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Suave wrote:
Someone said EMS personnel don't carry firearms. I'll say it again. Many states in the US train EMT and paramedics to use firearms to defend themselves in the field. Doctors make an oath to protect life and can not intentionally do anything to harm someone if it is not in self-defense.

Also, the SASP has a panic button as well. Basically, we hit the panic button and do what ever we can to stall time, so backup will arrive with us alive. Without a way to protect ourselves, the panic button is quite useless. As the SASP, we don't drive like crazy to whatever call we receive. We stop and plan it out, which takes time.

Sonerin, did you even read this post.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm sharing my own knowledge here. And what I know is, most of the states in U.S.A. don't allow EMTs to carry weapons with them on duty.

They can carry guns, sure. Everyone can, as long as they have CWP. But they can't bring them out with them to their duty.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

Location : Follow the wolf.. and you will find the beauty of nature.

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Actually. In Chicago, and other crime areas. they do carry weapons, Last I saw, a sort of glock.

and its not that they don't allow. they just haven't dealt with ambulance robbers, and the sort.

Now. Let me see...

Red County, Medium-High Crime rate, SASP is busy a bit, EMS has had fake calls before.

... Thats calls for a weapon, Not alot of ammo, Enough.. and such..
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Wilhelmx2002 wrote:

Red County, Medium-High Crime rate, SASP is busy a bit, EMS has had fake calls before.

... Thats calls for a weapon

The whole nation is under the influence of crime. The police is busy everywhere. They get fake calls almost every day. And no, that doesn't mean they should be arming up with weaponry. This is the same in all of the countries. The police is here for a reason. The police doesn't tell civilians to apply for a weapon license and use weapons to protect themselves because "they're busy".
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

So the police get an arsenal of weapons, but we can't have a measly, concealed weapon for self defense purposes only? EMS puts their lives on the line just like the police do, but we don't have anything to defend ourselves with besides a taser and some mace. And since this isn't about people abusing it or anything like that, I can't see any reason that we couldn't have a small concealed firearm.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 pm

AngryBlackMan wrote:
So the police get an arsenal of weapons, but we can't have a measly, concealed weapon for self defense purposes only?

The police is the police, they have weapons to deal with crime. EMT's mission is not to deal with crime, to treat the wounded civilians/etc. You can keep a weapon, but you can't bring it with you on your duty.

Let's say I am a nuclear engineer who works daily in Sellafield NPP. I have a weapon license, and NPP's are pretty much a target for terrorists. That doesn't mean I bring a weapon with me to the work place, the security/police does that job. My job is to do my own thing, not to deal with crime/hostiles. It's the police's/security's job.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

Location : Follow the wolf.. and you will find the beauty of nature.

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Well. Thats your say. Ems Needs weapons because in the past, We have had prank calls. and guess what? We got shot at.

While We used up our taser rounds.

They Put Bullets in our asses.

Im Sick and Tired of EMS being thought of as a Pushover. I won't Let EMS be a pushover, If you attack ANY federal Employee. Thats a Crime. End Of. EMS gets weapons to defend themselves. As DeRon Said.

Im Sticking with that.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Wilhelmx2002 wrote:
Well. Thats your say. Ems Needs weapons because in the past, We have had prank calls. and guess what? We got shot at.

While We used up our taser rounds.

They Put Bullets in our asses.

Im Sick and Tired of EMS being thought of as a Pushover. I won't Let EMS be a pushover, If you attack ANY federal Employee. Thats a Crime. End Of. EMS gets weapons to defend themselves. As DeRon Said.

Im Sticking with that.

Such is life. EMT personnel are in danger most of the times, but they aren't issued with weapons. Police units are usually in the crime scene. Anyhow, if you find someone who is armed/stronger than you/etc, you have to suck it up and let them be dominant over you. It's not a must to react and attack them back.
Back to top Go down
Suave
Administrator
Administrator
Suave

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Are you paying attention? Alot of states issue EMTs and Paramedics firearms.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Suave wrote:
Are you paying attention? Alot of states issue EMTs and Paramedics firearms.

No, they don't. I haven't seen any American EMT units with pistols. Hell, screw the pistols, not even a taser gun. Plus, this is note one of those "a lot of states".
Back to top Go down
Suave
Administrator
Administrator
Suave

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Yet you don't live in America, that clears that up.

Anyway, lets hear what everyone else has to say. Not going to argue in the suggestions topics.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
So the police get an arsenal of weapons, but we can't have a measly, concealed weapon for self defense purposes only?
Let's say I am a nuclear engineer who works daily in Sellafield NPP. I have a weapon license, and NPP's are pretty much a target for terrorists. That doesn't mean I bring a weapon with me to the work place, the security/police does that job. My job is to do my own thing, not to deal with crime/hostiles. It's the police's/security's job.
Well a nuclear power plant has security guards, EMS doesn't have security guards protecting them at all times... And we aren't dealing with crimes... It's SELF DEFENSE.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 pm

AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Well a nuclear power plant has security guards, EMS doesn't have security guards protecting them at all times...

You're right, they don't. They have the police.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Well a nuclear power plant has security guards, EMS doesn't have security guards protecting them at all times...

So what happens when there are no police on duty? We just die?
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm

AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:

You don't die unless you play it by the second parties' rules. If he wants to rob you, steal your equipement, kidnap you, et cetera, you comply. Just because someone is about to do something against you doesn't mean you have to attack him back, sometimes you have to surrender.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:

You don't die unless you play it by the second parties' rules. If he wants to rob you, steal your equipement, kidnap you, et cetera, you comply. Just because someone is about to do something against you doesn't mean you have to attack him back, sometimes you have to surrender.
And if he doesn't want any witnesses and kills me, I just let him?
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
AngryBlackMan wrote:

And if he doesn't want any witnesses and kills me, I just let him?

Yes. You roleplay fear on such situations. You won't always survive a mess, sometimes you have to accept your fate.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 pm

So instead of having one small firearm that could give me more control over this..."Fate"...I have to take these types of risks that could easily be avoided by one simple thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMS Weapons.   EMS Weapons. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EMS Weapons.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CS:RP :: General Discussions :: Suggestions [Currently Closed]-
Jump to: