CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck between 3 Laptops

Go down 
+4
Odin
Alessandro
Akabara
Lloyd_McFadden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lloyd_McFadden
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Lloyd_McFadden

Stuck between 3 Laptops Empty
PostSubject: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Alright, I'm buying a laptop for college, and I have got stuck between 3 laptops. I'm buying a desktop also to run games, but this is plainly for college and my work. My budget is 300-450 but the prices over 400 will take longer for me to purchase. The 3 I am stuck on are:

1:
Lenovo Z575

2:
Lenovo G570

3:
HP G6-1331EA

What do you think I should purchase, or should I purchase none of those 3?
I'm really stuck, Never been to college so I don't really know how it should be.

Would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 pm

They're all shit.

Stick with the desktop and dont bother.

You wont need a laptop at college.
Back to top Go down
Alessandro
Donator
Donator
Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:07 pm

i would advice you with HP pavilion,this is what i am using right now,it's cool
Back to top Go down
Odin
Gamemaster/Developer
Gamemaster/Developer
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:14 pm

None of them, They suck.
Get a desktop, sure it's a bit expensive and shit but it's so much better than a laptop, and I doubt you will actually use a laptop in college.
Back to top Go down
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Don't listen to the above.

If you want a laptop, go for it, I have a laptop that runs shit way better than these dekstops, and I'm pretty happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas
Administrator
Administrator
Nicolas

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:26 am

It actually depends.

If you're on college where you won't be moving your ass at all, I have no freaking idea why are you buying any shitass laptops.

But in case you go like my brother where they move you from building to building every 30 minutes, then you'll having bad time not having a laptop. Really depends dude.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

Location : Follow the wolf.. and you will find the beauty of nature.

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:36 am

Alright.

I have a Laptop, Runs my HEAVILY MODIFIED GTA REALLY WELL. No lag.

Counter-Strike Source-NO LAG.

Those heavy games. No lag.

All I did, Use the laptop as a laptop when moving around, Otherwise Its retrofitted as a Desktop.

So... In My Opinion, The laptop one that is the best out of those three.

Desktop... Cant move it around/Take it with you anywhere.

Laptop=Can be used as a Desktop, and a laptop.

So.. Laptops win Imo.
Back to top Go down
Laosimerah
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Laptops require higher CPU o/ps and if you are going to take it to college you would need one with enough shock factor that if you dropped it wouldn't be totally bung. Go for a desktop, they are easier to maintain over the years and if you want it to play games then you will be buying yourself insurance for later releases in hardware technology. Laptops are good if:
A. You move around a lot (and play games whilst doing so)
B. Have a lot of money
C. Have self-esteem issues (why not buy a desktop and run around with a craptop that you can throw off a building. Some people need to broadcast themselves)
D. You don't mind buying a new one every 2 years.

You should buy the cheapest laptop there and buy the best (not most expensive) desktop money can buy.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd_McFadden
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Lloyd_McFadden

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 pm

I should've said, The college I'm going to requires a laptop that can be carried round to the lessons. Because I'm mostly going to do programming, so we need to take our own laptops to show the work we do at home. But thanks for the feedback.

Also I'm buying a desktop also, but mainly just for games etc. Which is why my budget is fairly low.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck between 3 Laptops   Stuck between 3 Laptops Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuck between 3 Laptops
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CS:RP :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: