CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonerin

Sonerin

[Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. Empty
PostSubject: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 pm

In-Game Name: Axel Feuerstein, Rudolf Krieger.
Level: 1.
Type of suggestion: Audio streaming script that allows people to listen to real radio in-game.
Describe the suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ghD_XEs3kQ

Let's add the working radio function to the server. I've seen this cool function on a server, and I use it. You can install it to your house, or to your vehicle. The best thing is, the others can hear the same music too. For example, if you turn the radio on and switch the channel to 15th channel, the person who is sitting in the passenger seat can hear the same music. Or, if you turn the radio on in your house, the others in the same house can hear the music. It could be great for house parties and such. This script streams audio from real radio channels, as far as I know.

From a scale from 1-10 rate how important this suggestion is: For entertainment purposes, 7/10.

Back to top Go down
Seraphina
Donator
Donator
Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:17 pm

This will bring lots of fun to server.
I support this idea.
Back to top Go down
Seanykins
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Seanykins

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeaah, so we will have to listen to Samara and Kyra's Hollywood Undead all day long ? No.
Only if there will be.. MUSIC.. Yeah, then I will support it.
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Most of you guys lag when we set a rainy weather. Now you want radio streaming? Not everyone has an unlimited bandwidth plan and it can increase server lag.
Back to top Go down
Sonerin

Sonerin

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Makaveli wrote:
Most of you guys lag when we set a rainy weather. Now you want radio streaming? Not everyone has an unlimited bandwidth plan and it can increase server lag.

There is a huge difference between FPS lag and internet lag, "Developer".

Not to mention that it doesn't lag anyone when you stream audio. It is just a plugin that helps you connect to a specific radio stream from in-game. No one has complained about the function on the other servers, and they don't have any issues with lag either. It doesn't lag anyone.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Lag via rain is called FPS lag, and it means their PC is too shit for it.

Ping lag is different. I don't think it'll lag, and I support this suggestion
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

I know the difference between the FPS lag and the Internet connection lag. Still, it requires PC's resources to play that streamed music/audio. Also, the pings would be increased to some players, and they would be unable to play. Keep in mind that some of the players playing here have an extremely shitty Internet connection and this is why they play here. Also, keep in mind that one song that streams over the Internet can be between 3-8mb, depending on the quality of the stream. If we were a bigger community this would make sense to implement, but as we're having 12-20 players on line on peak times, it's useless. You can easily find an online radio station and play it for your own joy and inform the players of the address when they enter your car. Maybe I would even considered a modified variant of this suggestion, allowing the players to choose if they want the music to stream in or not, but after you posted your arrogant reply and you called me a "developer" I'll just have to deny this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.   [Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio. Empty

Back to top Go down

[Real radio that streams audio.] - Radio.
Page 1 of 1