CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cats vs Dogs discussion.

Go down 
+18
Wilhelmx2002
$WOLF$
Marshall
PushItToTheLimitâ„¢
Victor_Jankowski
Nick
Dr.Chucky
Seanykins
Nicolas
Armaros
Seraphina
Kevy
Mia
Fluttershy
Odin
Nico
Nero
Sam
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

Cats vs Dogs discussion.  Empty
PostSubject: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 am

Right. This needs to be done. I've had so many of you on the forums tell me that dogs are better than cats.

Wanna argue that dogs are better? Go ahead.

Cats vs Dogs discussion.  Tumblr_m1mshyG7Rm1rsd9coo1_500
Back to top Go down
http://xdashie.tumblr.com/
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am

Oh really...?
Click here.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Donator
Donator
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 am

Why dogs are better ?

1. Dogs can guard your house, or whenever you go out when your dog I doubt anyone would pick up on you. (I has a Rottweiler and German Shepperd, heh.)
2. Dogs are cute and can also calm you down, by just slipping next to you and you can cuddle them, very relaxing.
3. If you got a skateboard, take your leesh and your dog, go out, have fun. If you know what I mean. (I done it, it's awesome.)
4. Dogs are good playmates, beleive it or not. You can play lots of stuff with your dog, entertain yourself.
5. Dogs can feel when you're sad, and you can teach them stuff more than cats, they're intelligent and without you going after them they'll just come and cheer you up the way they know best.
6. They've got good senses, a picky nose, you know who's gonna come by their reaction.
Back to top Go down
https://vhrp.forocatalan.com
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 am

10. Cats treat your guests politely.
Animal Planet wrote:
Better manners.
When friends arrive at your home, a dog goes into a frenzy, barking, leaping and pawing at the newcomer. "Pay attention to me!" he begs, as his excited nails rake a guest's linen blazer. While the dog does everything possible for approval, from racing around the room to bouncing like a basketball, the cat is usually nowhere to be seen. Cats prefer to observe new arrivals from afar. For instance, under the bed or atop the refrigerator. Maybe, if the cat is in the mood, she'll come out to acknowledge this New Person with a tail twitch, a cautious once-over. But that's it. No effusive greetings, no jumping on laps or humping of legs. Invite a cat to your dinner party. She'll stay discreetly out of the way, while a dog lusts for -- and sometimes runs away with -- the main course.

9. Cats smell better than dogs.
Animal Planet wrote:
Sweeter smelling.
Even the most dogged of canine devotees must cop to this one. There's nothing quite like Eau de Fido, that earthy, unmistakable and not very attractive odor. All of the scented shampoos and daily brushing/combing/blow-drying rituals in the world can't fully remove or disguise it. You'll find it in your car and on your clothes. No one needs to ask if you have a dog: Their noses confirm it. Cats, with their constant self-grooming -- performed to regulate body temperature as well as to clean -- emit no such smell. If your cat perches on the new loveseat when you're not home, you'll never know.

8. Cats are funnier than dogs -- even if the cats don't know it.
Animal Planet wrote:
True comedians.
The Internet is littered with comical cat photos and videos -- hundreds more were uploaded just as you read that sentence. Their legendary curiosity lands them in situations that prompt giggles. Ticklish kittens, a tabby entranced with its mirror image, a cat sedately walking across an open file cabinet. It's as if cats have an inherent knack for comic timing, even if they won't snicker at their own antics. And that feline economy of size helps: Most dogs need a bigger stage to clown. (Not to mention the need for constant applause.) But sit a cat in a sink or place a hamburger bun on its head, and you've got instant entertainment. It'll pose for the camera, indulge in some cat-itude, and invent a smooth move all its own.

7. Even the loudest cat is quieter than any dog.
Animal Planet wrote:
Better decibel managers.
Most dogs will always vocalize their moods. A cat will keep it to itself. Upset, happy, excited or just talkative, dogs bark. Loudly, dogs announce every news event, from a stranger at the door to a new flavor of treat. Cats, even with protesting meows over a flea bath, lack the chops to compete with a dog's decibel level. Feline complaints are mostly mews and occasional hisses, barely audible from another room. Your neighbors will never call to inform you that your cat's hissing is keeping him awake.

6. Cats are a natural insect repellent.
Animal Planet wrote:
Natural born exterminators.
A cat's message to all bees, moths, ladybugs and the rest of the insect kingdom: Don't bug me. He means it. Cats, fascinated by winged things and crawly critters, are masters of extermination. They'll climb walls to dislodge a spider and its web -- even in the middle of the night. A lazy fly sneaking in through a screen door has no chance of survival. And a poor, defenseless cricket, cluelessly broadcasting its location, offers hours of entertainment before the cat ends the torture. The cat who's made his home insect-free still hopes for a visiting bug -- its got to keep those de-bugging skills sharp.

5. Cats take much better care of their toys.
Animal Planet wrote:
Ever see a dog's playthings? Shredded rawhide bones, torn tennis balls. They're in tatters (unless, of course, they've been swallowed). Cat toys tend to be hugged, carried and carefully hidden in beds or baskets. Cats keep their prizes safe from intruders who might steal that square felt thing with the bell in it, or the sparkly ball that squeaks. And cats firmly believe in stockpiling: A calico named Cassie once stashed 27 ping pong balls under a skirted rocking chair, apparently sensing a global shortage. Her owners thought the balls were lost. Instead they had become "cat collectibles." Cats also make better fashion choices than dogs -- have you seen some of the outfits dogs allow themselves to be seen in? But no self-respecting feline would don a hot pink hoodie without clawing it to ribbons first.

4. Cats don't need to be walked.
Animal Planet wrote:
They can go leash-less.
A thunderstorm shakes the skies, drenching the dog walker as she waits for her trusty pet to take care of business. It's cold, it's midnight and this is all so inconvenient. In snow, sleet, heat or rain -- the dog needs a walk. Demands a walk. Bring the scooper, the scented disposal bags and patience. Meanwhile, a contented cat sits smugly in the window, unaffected by the downpour outside. A quick trip to the litter box and the cat's set for the night. Even on a sunny day, cats wouldn't dream of asking for a walk. Wear a leash? Yeah, right. Try placing a harness or leash on a cat, and watch how it squats, thinking that colorful ropy thing has somehow tied it down. What, you want the cat to lead the human around while wearing that? Please. Save it for the dog. Who must be walked. Again.

3. Cats enjoy bringing gifts to their loved ones.
Animal Planet wrote:
More generous.
Hunters at heart, cats are miniature versions of their wild forebears, the lions, tigers, cheetahs and jaguars of the world. But cats can't down a wildebeest in your backyard, so they settle for smaller prey -- and share it with you. A gift offered by a cat, whether a mole, bird or unidentified critter part, is the highest tribute it can pay, proof of devotion to you. Yes, you'll be nauseated by this gift. But as with any present, you do the kind thing. Say, "Oh, thank you, kitty, that's so sweet of you." And that makes the cat's day. Sometimes, indoor-only cats offer gifts, too: a small stuffed toy, presented with a loud meow, says, "I've been looking all over for something you'd enjoy."

2. Cats and Laser Pointers: Entertainment Tonight (Tomorrow, or Anytime).
Animal Planet wrote:
Two words. Laser pointer.
Before the moving red dot became a cat's most favorite activity, felines had to settle for chasing a flashlight's beam. Boring! Then, the arrival of that dancing pinpoint turned cat play into a fast-forward ballet. Cats never tire of racing after that elusive speck. Slapping hopeful paws over it, they're baffled when it seems to escape. Where does it go? No matter, they're hot on the trail, and getting a cat-cardio workout while they're at it. While a dog will chase a ball, he has no interest in whatever that flashy, red thing is. Why pursue something if he can't fetch it for a reward? But cats know the laser pointer's real reward is the chase itself. And someday they really will nab that little red sucker.

1. Cats purr when they're hungry or happy
Animal Planet wrote:
Purrfection. We are sure there are more ways cats are better than dogs. Share them in the Lounge.
No sound in the world rivals a cat's purr. Its thrumming rhythm alerts helpless kittens, assuring them that mama cat is nearby (along with the milk supply!). That comforting buzz tells humans that their feline friend is oh-so-content with life. Stroke a purring cat's side, caress its chin and feel the gentle rumble for instant stress relief. A hungry dog will plead for food by dancing at your feet or planting a nonstop wet kiss on your face; a cat sits pointedly near its dish, purring confidently because dinner is about to be served. Cats don't mind if you gripe about your day or spend too much time online; they'll sit nearby, with that softly motorized sound subbing for conversation. Who needs words when a purr says it all?

[Quotes taken from: http://animal.discovery.com/the-spot/cat-people/i-like-cats/top-ten-cats-better-dogs.html ]

ANNNNND. My cat, Koda, is as good as any dog.

Milko, (RIP bub), used to swim in our pool;

Cats vs Dogs discussion.  166628_130980900300359_100001653506419_183517_3083961_n
Cats vs Dogs discussion.  168132_130981033633679_100001653506419_183520_3949493_n

I've slowly been working on getting Koda, and Moo to like swimming throughout the summer, they're starting to come around.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Gamemaster/Developer
Gamemaster/Developer
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm

I can lazer point on places and the dog tries to grab on it, so......

Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Odin wrote:

Cats can do it too, br0.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Odin wrote:

and, he'll end up leaving marks on walls, and tearing up carpets to get it.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Administrator
Administrator
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Cats are intelligent too. They just don't feel the urge to do things you want. I sleep with my cat everynight and my dog well, he feels happy with me only when he misses me and greets me with a dozen of bites.
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Dogs are more intelligent!
There are enough reasons.
You don't need to discuss the fact.

Do see:Why dogs are better!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Kevy wrote:

6. Dogs are much more fun to play with than cats.
Nope.

7. A dog knows when you’re sad. And he’ll try to comfort you. Cats don’t care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is. Nope
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Kevy wrote:

Do see: Why dogs are better!

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKbVdBwTek

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps I'm sure if no one figured it out. It'd have someone worried.
- and none of you have see some of the scars my cats have left me.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHKXlPhUPs

The rest are answered in my previous list.

Last edited by Dashie on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Donator
Donator
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Kevy wrote:

Nope.

7. A dog knows when you’re sad. And he’ll try to comfort you. Cats don’t care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is. Nope
Nope.

I agree with Kevin. I've been an animal lover for ages and dogs are just awesome. They are much more fun than a cat - I had a cat too.

A dog DOES comfort you. Mine always did, prolly that's why I wasn't so sad till I moved out and left my dogs behind.
Back to top Go down
https://vhrp.forocatalan.com
Seraphina
Donator
Donator
Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Try to make a cat use in Narcotic units.
He'll go eat mice.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Nico wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Kevy wrote:

Nope.

Nope.

I agree with Kevin. I've been an animal lover for ages and dogs are just awesome. They are much more fun than a cat - I had a cat too.

A dog DOES comfort you. Mine always did, prolly that's why I wasn't so sad till I moved out and left my dogs behind.

I'm not saying that a dog doesn't comfort you. I'm saying cats do it too.
Back to top Go down
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Dogs = Wolves
Cats = Tigers = almost extinct.

ther.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Armaros wrote:
Dogs = Wolves
Cats = Tigers = almost extinct.

ther.

Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards, Panthers, Cougars, Lynx, Bobcat, Domestic cats, Should I keep going?
Back to top Go down
Nicolas
Administrator
Administrator
Nicolas

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't care who's better.

I wish I can have either a cat or dog. :C , Oh damn, cuddly little creatures...
Back to top Go down
Seanykins
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Seanykins

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Dogs are better.
They aren't lazy cunts
They can protect you
They eat anything
They cuddle with you when you are saad. :/
Back to top Go down
Dr.Chucky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Dr.Chucky

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Dogs can be trained to detect cancer. . .Nuff' said.

EDIT:Forgot about the low blood sugar, they can detect that too-. . .And all kinds of diseases.You can't beat that.

EDIT2:Forgot about the guide dogs too :C
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Seanykins wrote:
Dogs are better.
They aren't lazy cunts
They can protect you
They eat anything
They cuddle with you when you are saad. :/

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF SEAN:

Doesn't read the cat arguements

instead posts things that have already been argued against

:p
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Dr.Chucky wrote:
Dogs can be trained to detect cancer. . .Nuff' said.

EDIT:Forgot about the low blood sugar, they can detect that too-. . .And all kinds of diseases.You can't beat that.

EDIT2:Forgot about the guide dogs too :C

this is about which makes a better pet, not working animals..
Back to top Go down
Dr.Chucky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Dr.Chucky

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

You've never mentioned that, although a dog trained to detect low blood sugar would be really usefull for a person which has diabetes.Also, keep in mind that a pet can be a working animal aswell.

Admit it, dogs are better.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Cats are better than dogs,Mine always sleeps on my lap when playing xbox,or PC,and sleeps with me onto my bed,without causing any trouble.

They sleep all day long.And that is what makes them easier.I guess.Anyway that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff Department
Sheriff Department
Victor_Jankowski

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Both.

Cats scare away creepers.

Dogs/Wolves fight in packs and can kill zombies and skeletons.

On topic...

I have both, the cat lives with me. IMO:

Cats are appropriate pets for busy people (Since they can pretty much live by themselves as long as they're food and water) who live in a smaller house, at times.

Dogs are often classed as pets for people who have time to take care of them and have a decent backyard.

I like both-- Oh fuck this shit, next pet'll be a Bald Eagle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cats vs Dogs discussion.    Cats vs Dogs discussion.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cats vs Dogs discussion.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CS:RP :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: