CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Developer Sneak Peek #3

Go down 
+15
Laosimerah
Lloyd_McFadden
Nicolas
Mia
Alessandro
Seraphina
StonedNighter
Tough Tony
Wilhelmx2002
Armaros
Sam
Thor@
Akabara
Christoph
Makaveli
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

Developer Sneak Peek #3 Empty
PostSubject: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Well, the screenshot says it all <:), this is a picture of new Palomino, you can see the new housing system (if you look close you'll see a nice little feature added to avoid that non-rp running to the house pickup to see if it's for sale), new business supplies and upgrade system and driver license system.

Notable changes:

Houses: Before - 63, now - 130
Businesses - Before - 15, now - 50
Mathematical and logical operations conducted per second (with 35 players online): Before: ~10000, now: ~800

Developer Sneak Peek #3 Gallery46g
Developer Sneak Peek #3 Samp054cl

Last edited by Makaveli on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christoph
EMS
EMS
Christoph

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Good work so far!

Cant wait to play with the new changes.
Back to top Go down
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 pm

What exactly did you get rid of to put that park there?... Cause it looks like you've got rid of our back alley bar...
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Yes, it was re-located to somewhere, not sure where Nero placed it. Anyways, business owners will need to fill a refund request after the new update, to get their old businesses back, to avoid conflicts with the old system.

Some sacrifices are needed to be made, I am sorry for that. I'm sure you guys will find a new suitable location for it, the alley behind bank or fishing store seems good.
Back to top Go down
Thor@

Thor@

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

It's pretty cool actually,and of course,Palomino Creek will get bigger.
We need to get more players ;s
But it's pretty cool,and gratz,keep your awesome work,gratz to Nero aswell.

Admin
Don't double post.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 am

Lookin' good Keaton. (:
Back to top Go down
http://xdashie.tumblr.com/
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 am

Splendid job. Can't wait to play, that "park" seems to awesome.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

Location : Follow the wolf.. and you will find the beauty of nature.

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:17 am

*Jaw Drops to the floor.*

Holy Damn... Dude. You just...

You just gave Palomino Creek a new Motto.

"Palomino Creek, where your trouble's are non-existent."

You can expect to see me at the park alot when it gets implemented.

and when Im off duty ofc.
Back to top Go down
Tough Tony

Tough Tony

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 am

Looks like Raff will have to get his old camera back!! This looks epic!!
Back to top Go down
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:30 am

From a creative standpoint the park uses far too much white space. The trees look "Plonked on" and quite frankly it's just too big for the number of objects.
The ground texture isn't quite right. It looks like someones paved over the entire area. That ground colour should only be used for the path going in the middle, where the benches are. The area with the tree's and the outer part should be grass and whatnot.

Grass it up a bit and make the total surface area smaller to make it fit better.

Also if that's supposed to be a church in the back there, the question begs to be asked: Is the graveyard still there?

Back to top Go down
StonedNighter
Donator
Donator
StonedNighter

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 am

Nice work on the park, loving the progress over the development. But yee, Sam's got a point over the trees. Add in a little more.. 'life' to it, with grass and such.
Back to top Go down
Seraphina
Donator
Donator
Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 am

In my opinion; It'd be more horrific and amazing to carry the cemetery into deep forest.
The reason would be the PC folk had rumours back then, so they carried the cemetery to woods aaaaaaaages ago..

Other than that, excellent.
Back to top Go down
Alessandro
Donator
Donator
Alessandro

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 am

The park looks so awesome man,good work.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Administrator
Administrator
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:29 am

This is so much fun. Good work, developers. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Nicolas
Administrator
Administrator
Nicolas

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Not bad , to be honest. I just hope all the stuff and scripts you add in won't lag me that much, since I'm famous for lame Internet connection.

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Seraphina
Donator
Donator
Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh and, if you carry it to woods as I said suggested in my earlier topic, there can be a new job option too: Guardian.

Aka guarding the cemetery from animals for 5 mins.
You'll get 100 for each 5 mins.
Back to top Go down
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Seraphina wrote:
Oh and, if you carry it to woods as I said suggested in my earlier topic, there can be a new job option too: Guardian.

Aka guarding the cemetery from animals for 5 mins.
You'll get 100 for each 5 mins.

No offence, but that's a really silly job. Being given money to stand around in the woods where people will not really go. It doesn't really promote...Anything.

Not to mention there's no such thing as a cemetery guardian.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd_McFadden
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Lloyd_McFadden

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I don't like the park, it removes a lot of RP which occurs in the alley, and it looks too man made to be a park. Plus I don't see the point of a park right next to a forest.
Back to top Go down
Laosimerah
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 pm

~800 Operations per second is baddddddd
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Still better than 10000, 800 is when all 30-35 players stand on a pickup.

In the old gamemode, Rudy made a 1 second timer, which went through 2 loops that checked if player is standing on a house or business pickup + around a dozen of if statements. So, the script had to do a lot of operations per second. Now it will probably do less than 300-400 or even less per second, because I moved it to OnPlayerPickupPickup callback.

Now, it's not really possible that all 35 players that would be online will be standing on a pickup and will be using some command at the same time.

Now these numbers are not 100% correct, I quickly made a calculation. It's probably less than I said in both versions but still, it will reduce lag considerably. Not to mention that I removed his self-made pickup streamer, because SA-MP can hold up to 4096 pickups, and currently we're using only around 190.

At someone who suggested the grass, it's not easy to find a suitable surface object, I'll see if Nero can improve it a bit. I took the SS from a bad angle I suppose.

EDIT: Plans for businesses:

Okay, I currently scripted the storage levels for businesses. This is how they go:

Level 1 - Maximum of 120 supplies (it should last 2-3 days)
Level 2 - Maximum of 140 supplies
Level 3 - Maximum of 160 supplies
Level 4 - Maximum of 180 supplies
Level 5 - Maximum of 200 supplies

1 unit of supplies = $5

There will be a delivery job, with which players will be able to deliver supplies to the business owners who ordered them. It will be based on player interaction, unlike bus driver and garbage man job, which are solely checkpoint running. Also, entrance fee will be able to get set on any kind of business, to cover the difference between spent supplies and money made from sales.
Back to top Go down
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm

The angle is irrelevant. It's really obvious. I advise you to take what i said into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

We have to look out for the object count, I can't place 200+ objects for a single park. It will cause lag. SAMP has limitations, as well as GTA. It stays as it is, unless Nero decides to change it. Mapping is irrelevant at the moment, I have to concentrate on the scripting part. It's just there to make a server look a bit different. We can't do a single map for hours trying to look it as realistic as possible, because there's a lot of work to do, and we can't make it all perfect. When I asked for a mapper, the candidates provided me with terrible maps. Odin also said he'll map a vehicle dealership, but he haven't done it yet and it passed two weeks. So sorry, I won't really bother with the details.

Also, there's no other flat surface other than that concrete.

And from the ground it doesn't look so empty after all:

Developer Sneak Peek #3 Samp405
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Is there any way Nero could put something around the base of the tree's to stop it from looking like they're growing through concrete?
Back to top Go down
http://xdashie.tumblr.com/
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Probably, I'm not a mapper so I can't tell. You'll have to wait for him to respond.
Back to top Go down
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Why not put a bush at every tree. would make it perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Developer Sneak Peek #3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next