CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Developer Sneak Peek #3

Go down 
+15
Laosimerah
Lloyd_McFadden
Nicolas
Mia
Alessandro
Seraphina
StonedNighter
Tough Tony
Wilhelmx2002
Armaros
Sam
Thor@
Akabara
Christoph
Makaveli
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akabara
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Akabara

Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 pm

I'll be honest the park around the church currently is quite, quite nice.

And i mean you've put a park right across the road from a massive fuckoff piece of green land leading to a big hilly fuckoff wood.

None of it makes practical sense, considering the fact that the park by the church atm is of good quality.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 am

Dashie wrote:
Is there any way Nero could put something around the base of the tree's to stop it from looking like they're growing through concrete?

Yeah, I actually thought of it while I was spending 3 hours setting every single house with a location, a suitable interior and a suitable price, all over the Red County. (130 houses dude. I thought it'd take less, I was wrong). Edit: Oh and every house's custom "for sale" sign location. :3

I was gonna fix it the day after (which was yesterday), but I forgot I had to go on a school trip (which was lame). Gonna do it today.

Oh, and that's a Town Hall, was gonna map an interior as well, where you could register/unregister your vehicle or whatnot all those political shizzle.

EDIT:
Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 Samp057do
Click here if the SS doesn't show.

Makaveli wrote:
I took the SS from a bad angle I suppose.

Very bad.
Same with the fire dept., doesn't show the full potential of the place.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 am

Awesome. Thanks for the update on that Nero. (:
Back to top Go down
http://xdashie.tumblr.com/
Mia
Administrator
Administrator
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 am

It is like... OMG, looks really good!
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm

YU U REMOVED KEVIN'S FAVORITE SPOT!

Anyway, good job, keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Kevy wrote:
YU U REMOVED KEVIN'S FAVORITE SPOT!

Anyway, good job, keep it up.

<3

Anyways, yeah, the place around the benches and the fences looks a bit empty for now, but I mapped it as a separated project. The Palomino bits (junk, trash cans, mailboxes, other details) will come in place later and it'll look more realistic.
Back to top Go down
DrakeB.

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 am

Fits the standarts of Palomino Creek - not too expensive and not so plain looking. One of the few problems who look 'jacked' is that huge sculpture. It's saying to me: " I'm guarding the front, ass-shit, go to the right/left angles. "

The sculpture should be dragged CLOSER, OR.. You could make a circle AROUND it, since it looks like it's standing on itself.

Other than that - nice piece.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 am

DrakeB. wrote:
Fits the standarts of Palomino Creek - not too expensive and not so plain looking. One of the few problems who look 'jacked' is that huge sculpture. It's saying to me: " I'm guarding the front, ass-shit, go to the right/left angles. "

The sculpture should be dragged CLOSER, OR.. You could make a circle AROUND it, since it looks like it's standing on itself.

Other than that - nice piece.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I left enough space between the sculpture and the entrance. It looks crowded if I pull it back. But I was thinking about putting something around it, like flowers or something and then benches up front, so you can sit beneath it.

I'll see what I can do and post a screen later and then you guys choose which you like better.
Back to top Go down
Laosimerah
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am

Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 Parkj
It's possible to make the park green T.T you just don't try hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 am

Laosimerah wrote:
Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 Parkj
It's possible to make the park green T.T you just don't try hard enough.

It's not flat enough D:

I didn't even try, because I wasn't making it as a park, I made it as a town hall/town square. I'll add hotdog/noodle stands around, more flowers, benches, bushes or something. Chillax, I didn't even start mapping PC for real, I just finished Montgomery... Been busy the last few days, but I'm free now.
Back to top Go down
Laosimerah
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Add more polygons to make it flat, I just did mine as a proof of concept. IF you understood how mappers work you would have found the tool that gives you object sizes by now.
Idc what it should be, it's supposed to be green. America isn't a backwards country when it comes to buildings unlike some countries I know... >.>
Back to top Go down
Odin
Gamemaster/Developer
Gamemaster/Developer
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Laosimerah wrote:
Add more polygons to make it flat, I just did mine as a proof of concept. IF you understood how mappers work you would have found the tool that gives you object sizes by now.
Idc what it should be, it's supposed to be green. America isn't a backwards country when it comes to buildings unlike some countries I know... >.>

Lay off him, everybody can complain and shit rather than being thankful of players devoting their time into improving the server.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Makaveli wrote:
It stays as it is, unless Nero decides to change it.

It stays.

Laosimerah wrote:
Idc what it should be, it's supposed to be green.
It's supposed to be the way I make it.

I'm tired of this behavior. Odin's right.
I'm not only the mapper here, I got more duties within the development team, and I put in as much time as I can in the maps, so I'm sorry if they don't look what you imagined them to be.
We've done more than enough in the last few weeks.

If you can map it better, map it and send me the code. I'd gladly accept any help anyone offers.

End of.

Locking this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developer Sneak Peek #3   Developer Sneak Peek #3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Developer Sneak Peek #3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2