CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temporarily closing the server down.

Go down 
+6
Kevy
Seanykins
Christoph
Zohan
Integra
Sam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

Temporarily closing the server down.  Empty
PostSubject: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 pm

After talking with Kyra about it, we've decided to temporarily close down the server until the new game mode is finished.

- I don't like the idea of paying out for a server that right now is only getting 3-5 players each day. (or night in my case)
- When the new gamemode goes in, we'll be able to launch it as a new server, not just a new gamemode.
- It will give us (SMT) more time to organise OOC things to do with the server, before the gamemode goes in.

The server will be put into hibernation mode in a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
http://xdashie.tumblr.com/
Integra
Management
Management
Integra

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

I agree with Samara on this issue.

It's not cost effective for any of us, let alone watching less then 4 players join. In order for the server to remain stable, we would need on average at least 15 players a day to keep it floating, we're not getting that.

That's why the decision was made.
Back to top Go down
https://vhrp.forocatalan.com
Zohan

Zohan

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

One Suggestion ?
Why don't you advertise it on samp forums once new server is all set up and done ?
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Because we've already decided on what we're doing with the server.
Back to top Go down
Christoph
EMS
EMS
Christoph

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Well. You're totally right. Better see the server going into hibernation then see it closing down.

Hope that with the new gamemode we will get more players, and we will see VHRP as we used to see (About 20 players per day, that was epic).

Just a question. There will be any loose on the player stats ?

Last edited by Christoph on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 pm

No, there will be no loss of stats with this.
Back to top Go down
Seanykins
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Seanykins

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

So, bascially.
What I did was..
ENTER THE SERVER..
I failed!
Because.. I failed!

Well.
Let's wait patiently while playing Mines of Moria with Robi !
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Dashie wrote:
No, there will be no loss of stats with this.

Do any races get resetted again?
Or can we keep our current race?
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:28 pm

If you're a vamp then yes.
Back to top Go down
Nero
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Nero

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am

Makaveli wrote:

What he meant is, no races will be reset.
Except werewolves. They've been temporarily descripted, until the server grows enough.
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Nero wrote:
Makaveli wrote:

What he meant is, no races will be reset.
Except werewolves. They've been temporarily descripted, until the server grows enough.

But if they're re-scripted do the current werewolf players need to re-apply?
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:35 pm

That's SMT's decision, but I don't think I'll be re-scripting them any time soon. I have to concentrate on improving the general gameplay before I start adding some of the old features back.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:59 pm

yes. everyone will need to reapply.
I wiped the race, and removed it.
Werewolves will be added in again later on when we have a player base that can support having both races.
Back to top Go down
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff Department
Sheriff Department
Victor_Jankowski

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:53 am

Okay... bit of a bump here, but ... Any idea on when the server is coming back online? I do get your points here, but, on the other hand... The server isn't really getting more players when offline.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Administrator
Administrator
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 am

Victor_Jankowski wrote:
Okay... bit of a bump here, but ... Any idea on when the server is coming back online? I do get your points here, but, on the other hand... The server isn't really getting more players when offline.

It's an open beta right now. Everyone can join the server. This will probably attract people too, seeing all the new stuff and all. Vic, check announcements and come in the server to check everything.
Back to top Go down
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff Department
Sheriff Department
Victor_Jankowski

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 am

Mia wrote:
Victor_Jankowski wrote:

It's an open beta right now. Everyone can join the server. This will probably attract people too, seeing all the new stuff and all. Vic, check announcements and come in the server to check everything.

Yeah, I know about the beta. I'm just asking, but I guess the server will go back once all the patches and updates are complete.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Management
Management
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Exactly. The server, is the Beta. Go play on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporarily closing the server down.    Temporarily closing the server down.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Temporarily closing the server down.
Page 1 of 1