CS:RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creekside Roleplay

HomepageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making EMS more interesting

Go down 
+7
Lloyd_McFadden
Kevy
Fluttershy
That Kanadian Fellow
Suave
Wilhelmx2002
Makaveli
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

Making EMS more interesting Empty
PostSubject: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:14 am

Give me your suggestion, what would EMS need to get scripted? Some cool features and such, to make it more interesting and less boring. Post here please.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

Location : Follow the wolf.. and you will find the beauty of nature.

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:45 am

... ems already has everything it needs to be a proper rp, and interesting faction. It just needs people who are willing to standby for hours.

(Aka people with PATIENCE, which is VERY low on stock.)

.. but maybe... maybe a skin class of... Hospital Security.. with 15 deagle rounds.

and... Kevlar. we need kevlar.

and a way to reload our taser rounds.
Back to top Go down
Suave
Administrator
Administrator
Suave

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 am

People will want to join Hospital security, I'm sure, but we have to bring in a system that will make EMS, a must have faction, rather than RPing NPCs. IE: Scripted fires that only an admin or EMS personnel can put out. A system can be worked out
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:30 am

... I don't have the brain power to think of that sort of thing alone (Yes I just called myself stupid. Laugh it out.)

However.. with Multiple people.. Talking about something, and Pitching ideas.. it would work..
Back to top Go down
That Kanadian Fellow
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
That Kanadian Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 am

I know this is a little old, but still. Here's my suggestion:

Completely abolish EMS, and create RCES (Red County Emergency Services). This Department would merge Search and Rescue, Paramedics and Fire Departments together into one team. Search and Rescue would need better offroading emergency trucks and a four seater medivac chopper. Obviously Paramedics would handle injuries and accidents with the aid of the Fire Department. this would make EMS much more organised and instead of having Paramedics only that handle everything. It would also attract more members as there would be more RP options. It's quite unrealistic for Paramedics to go around and then once the FD is needed, they run back into the Hospital, put on turnout gear and hop in an Engine. Being a Paramedic and being a Fire Fighter are very different and both require very different training. The benifits of this would be; Open up more RP oppertunities, bring more members, bring much more realism to the Medical department and would make things much more simple for EMS. You could also add hospital security. I'm not sure about other countries, but in Canada, hospitals have advanced security officers to handle patients and situations without having to get law enforcement involved. The loadout would be a baton, mace, taser, etc etc. They can restrain patients that cause problems, deal with angry people and tresspassers and if needed, detain someone until police can arrive to arrest them. This would be good for players with minor criminal records, or people that were fired from the SD and still want to be authority. Basically, they can have minor criminal records or castouts from the SD.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Donator
Donator
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 am

...it's already set up that way..and it'd be SAEMS.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:29 pm

EMS and SD already work together.

EMS is in Monty. SD in Dillimore.

Both have Their own agenda, Its fine the way it is..
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:51 pm

1st. People calling 911 for EMS help.
2nd. But most players heal automatic or got their special abilities.
3rd. Roleplaying crashes and wounds.
4nd If there actually do come some calls, then the EMS would be alot more fun.
(I quit the EMS due nobody ever called)

Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah.. Thats the biggest thing. People say the EMS is needed? Well. Why dont they try /call 911.

IF they did that. I would be IG for Hours Upon Hours. But What happens? Nothing. No 911 calls.

And EMS is stuck Patroling. Like me for instance. I log in for 2 hours. and guess what? Im stuck Patrolling around Like a Moron. No Offence. but the reason why EMS is so Inactive, Is because the PLAYERS refuse to CALL 911. They Refuse. and expect EMS to get there. Sure. Why dont we metagame? lets break ruel.lgjfisjag---- No. This is ROLE-PLAY for a REASON.

CALL 911 FOR THE LOVE OF LIFE
Back to top Go down
Lloyd_McFadden
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Lloyd_McFadden

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:38 pm

How about a new system, where if someone get's hurt below a specific HP amount, then a automated message is sent to the EMS. Considering their is CCTV All over town Rply, I dont see how this could cause a problem Rply.

Also you could maybe add a script with injuries, I.E. Broken legs/bones.
So if someone fell off a building, the legs would be broken. Not sure how it would be scripted but it would increase EMS Roleplay thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Armaros
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm

^ ----------------- Would love that.

As I'm probably the only one with the SD who actually use EMS...
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm

I like this idea too, would give us a lot more RPing to do, and hopefully in turn, more active members.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 pm

I'd Also love this idea.. It would Really help.

Also with cars. If a CCTV is in a.. Idk 10 meter radius of a car with less than 500 HP, Car accident. With People less than ... idk.. 30 hp? Uh.. Severe Trauma? or something..

This is a good idea. Put it in the suggestions place!
Back to top Go down
BryanDan

BryanDan

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm

I'll level up on my alt and apply for EMS. IF I'll be accepted, I'll try to make EMS active.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 am

Its not just the Amount of Members, But also the Amount of calls. No calls. Fewer Saves. Fewer saves. More people rage.

Those people rage, because they are too lazy to call 911.

I say again, No 911 calls= Not As Many Involvements of EMS.
Back to top Go down
AngryBlackMan

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 am

I've been finding that a lot of my RPing has been done because I found the trouble, not because someone called 911... I'll be out patrolling and find some kind of shootout, dead body, car accident, whatever... But hardly ever a call.
Back to top Go down
Kevy

Kevy

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Why not block vending machines?
Block vending machines and make only the EMS possible to /heal
Maybe also when you hit something you atumatically lose some health.. like when the vehicle loses 100hp you go -10hp.
No?
Back to top Go down
Christoph
EMS
EMS
Christoph

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry to ''revive'' this topic. But i think we should discuss more on how to increase EMS RP.

My suggestion would be to make a rule like ''Every car accident must be RPed''. It will make people drive more carefully and slowly. And would increase EMS RP for sure (Aswell SD's RP)

EDIT: Kevin idea sounds good aswell.
Back to top Go down
Makaveli
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I was thinking of making something like a crash system, will see in the future when I finish the features that I'm currently working on.

EMS is not in line for scripting new stuff yet, but feel free to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelmx2002
Administrator/Donator
Administrator/Donator
Wilhelmx2002

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

well.. Like it was said. Its SAEMS. So.. Well.. It all needs everything merged.

As for the name.... Wait one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making EMS more interesting   Making EMS more interesting Empty

Back to top Go down

Making EMS more interesting
Page 1 of 1